We are reopening on Wednesday 2nd DecemberFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
Within a 30-40 minute drive of both Leeds and York, The Owl Hotel is a great place from which to base your stay in Yorkshire. Put your feet up in our comfortable bar and restaurant area after a hard day’s exploring in historic York or the Howardian Hills. Book one of our 22 rooms and stay the night.
If you’re hungry, our fine menu of pub classics, curries, grills, and roast chicken dishes will be sure to appeal. Fancy a steak? Ours are cooked to perfection. And with a dedicated children’s menu, we’ve got plenty to satisfy little appetites too, with smaller versions of pub favourites.
We are extremely proud to say we are a approved premises for the solemnization of Civil Weddings and Partnerships. We have 4 wedding packages available, when you choose to hold your Wedding Day, Civil Partnership or Renewal of Vows with us we will work with you throughout the process to make it your perfect day.
We’re a real country pub serving great British favourites in a friendly and sociable atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Proper, authentic pub food is what we do. Think delicious plates of comforting, traditional favourites, with delightfully modern twists. Steaks and grills are the stars of our menu. Moreish sharers, nibbles and salads are ideal if you want a quick bite, or if you want something a little different try one of our daily specials. We promise to always make you feel welcome, whether you're having a beer and nibbles in the bar, or enjoying a more leisurely meal in the dining area.View our Menus
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.